Occasional Contributor
RGarrett93

Please Help! No audio from BBC iPlayer & the new Youtube service. It can't just be me?

[ Edited ]

Hi Freesat,
I have one of your Freetime boxes, I've searched through this forum and on google but can not seem to find a solution to it. There is no audio from iPlayer when playing any video or radio program, I checked my settings and they seem to be fine. ITV player works fine with the audio, I have my freesat connected to my Pioneer home cinema. My internet connection is about average 1.34 MB (10.67 Mb). I was holding back till my box got that 1.00.16 firmware update but that hasn't fixed it. Can you please help me find a solution to this problem I am having.
Best Regards
RGarrett93

Occasional Contributor
RGarrett93

Re: Please Help! No audio from BBC iPlayer & the new Youtube service. It can't just be me?

[ Edited ]

Okay well I found why i'm not getting audio on BBC iplayer and now Youtube, in settings under 'Picture & Sound' if I change 'Digital audio out' from 'Multi-channel' to 'Stereo', I then get audio from BBC iplayer and Youtube but from doing so I sacrifice DD 5.1 on the HD channels (only when 5.1 is available). Its no problem changing the audio setting its just an inconvenience.

Just to add ITV Player audio works fine regardless of what setting is set.

My question goes out to all you Freetime users:

Do you get audio from BBC iPlayer & Youtube?

And if so what settings is your 'Digital audio out' set to, Stereo or Multi-channel?

If any of you could answer those questions it would greatly appreciated, I have my freesat directly connected to my Pioneer AV via HDMI to get full surround sound.

Picture & sound settings

Thanks
Ryan

gogglehead

Re: Please Help! No audio from BBC iPlayer & the new Youtube service. It can't just be me?

Same issue here.

Note I also have a Pioneer system using HDMI passthrough

@HUMAX: Please make the demand services respect multi channel out settings.

Super Contributor
Mick

[ Edited ]
Ive not tried HDMI passthrough , but sound works fine for me through TV speakers and over optical.
Digital Audio out set to Multi-channel.
Frequent Contributor
jtanna

RGarrett93 wrote:

My question goes out to all you Freetime users:

Do you get audio from BBC iPlayer & Youtube?

And if so what settings is your 'Digital audio out' set to, Stereo or Multi-channel?

YES

Multi-channel.

Hope this helps.